Rules & Guidelines for Caddies
Caddies - CJGA Junior Tour
The CJGA does NOT permit the use of caddies on the Junior/Amateur Tour in any age group. Parents should also be aware that in-appropriate communication between parents/spectators & a participant in the competition during their round could be construed as coaching and result in a penalty towards the participant or the removal of the spectator or parent.
To better understand the rules regarding interactions between players & spectators please ensure you familiarize yourself with the CJGA spectator policy by clicking on the link below.
Caddies - CJGA Linkster Tour
The CJGA allows caddies for participants in all divisions on the Linkster Tour. Parents who wish to caddie for their players are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the following rules & guidelines regarding the use of caddies in Linkster Tour events.
NOTE: Caddies are considered an extension of their player and therefore any violations of the rules of golf by a caddie is considered a violation by the player and may result in penalties against them.
Linkster Tour Caddie Guidelines/Restrictions
- Caddies must be 16 years of age or older
- A player can only have one (1) caddie at a time
- Novice Division (Boys/Girls - U9) - Caddies are permitted in all areas
- Atom Division (Boys/Girls - U11) - Caddies are permitted in all areas
- Peewee Division (Boys/Girls - U13) - Caddies are permitted in all areas
- Bantam Division (Boys/Girls - U15) - Caddies are permitted in all areas
There are several Rules listed by Golf Canada that relate to caddies in the competition. Its important that as a caddie you familiarize yourself with these rules so that you do not inadvertently incur a penalty on behalf of your player. Please take some time to refer to these Rules below.