About the Competition
In 2003 the Canadian Junior Golf Association (CJGA) & the International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) developed a partnership to enhance the international opportunities for junior golfers in both countries. The North America Cup is unique to both Canada and the USA as it was the first international junior event to take on a Ryder Cup format.
Notable participants of this event include Rickie Fowler (2003) and Morgan Hoffmann (2005). The 18th annual addition will be hosted by the IJGT in Hilton Head, SC.
2020 Qualifying Sites
The following 2020 tournaments will be used to determine the team selections for the 2020 North America Cup.
Format & Eligibility
- Team Match Play (Ryder Cup) - Fourball, Foursomes and Singles Matches
Team Canada Division Structure
- 8 - Junior Boys (U19)
- 2 - Bantam Boys (U15)
- 2 - Junior Girls (U19)
Juniors who wish to qualify for CJGA Team Canada must meet the following criteria;
- Juniors must participate in one of the designated qualifiers for the North America Cup.
- Juniors must meet the age requirement for the competition and compete in the proper age divisions at the time of the qualifier.
- Juniors must be a full member & in good standing with the CJGA.
- Juniors who are selected to represent Canada must be either a Canadian citizen or hold a permanent resident card.
- Juniors must meet the scoring requirements in his or her age category.
Qualifying - Scoring Requirements
Junior Girls - 36 hole score of 160 or better
Bantam Boys - 36 hole score of 158 or better
Junior Boys - 36 hole score of 148 or better
The CJGA Team Canada Selection Committee will determine the juniors who represent CJGA Team Canada by the following process;
- All results from the designated qualifiers are merged into one national field in each age category.
- Scores will then be adjusted based on the difficulty of weather conditions, course conditions and course rating.
- Adjusted scores will then be sorted by the committee.
- Juniors not in good standing or with serious code of conduct violations will be removed from the list.
- Juniors with the lowest adjusted scores in each category will be selected to represent CJGA Team Canada.
- Ties in the selection process will be decided by Section A of the CJGA Conditions of the competition.
Note: The CJGA reserves the right to select team mebmbers outside of the above stated qualifying requirements.
Past Championship Teams
2019 - Canada - 14.5 & 9.5
2018 - Canada - 13.5 & 10.5
2017 - USA - 10 & 10
2016 - USA - 13 & 7
2015 - Canada - 14 & 14
2014 - Canada - 15.5 & 12.5
2013 - USA - 16 & 12
2012 - USA - 20 & 8
2011 - USA - 19 & 9
2010 - USA - 16 & 12
2009 - USA - 18.5 & 9.5
2008 - USA - 18.5 & 9.5
2007 - Canada - 16 & 12
2006 - USA - 16 & 12
2005 - USA - 20 & 8
2004 - Canada - 17 & 11
2003 - USA - 17 & 11